A very easy hold to make money on a par 5 hole, is get dice and have them pay $20 to roll. If they roll any pairs, they move to the 100 yard marker to play. Any combination above a total of 6, place ball at 150 marker and any number under 6 places their ball at the 200 marker. I can tell you from experience, I pay for that whole every single tournament. -Cory Strolla
Dojiggy Software was suggested by Trey Fogg
I don’t golf either but a few years ago I was invited to attend the “after golf” auction, raffle, and lunch. It was a nice way for a non-golfer to contribute and participate. -Lynn Britt
Advice from Erskine Rogers, Esquire:
- The main problem that we had with the golf tournament was finding enough people who wanted to play. That problem can be solved in a couple of ways.
- You can secure a very exclusive course upon which the players cannot otherwise have access to.
- You can try to get a bunch of stuff donated to entice players
- You can get celebrities to play with a foursome.
- You definitely want a scramble format (longest ball plays)
- But the best is to make sure your volunteers and organizers are already being golfers, so that they can pressure their friends to play in their tournament.
Materials provided by David Cummings:
So, many tournaments have add on extras for the players during the game, like, give us $10 and the team with the fastest time on this hole wins $50 gift cards. Trouble is, many many of the golfers are taking the game really seriously, vying for the coveted best foursome score, so I’ve not seen a tremendous amount of participation because those games may cause extra strokes and raise the score, plus you’ve already tapped the team for entry fees, silent auction bids, etc. That is UNTIL a “Cutthroat Kitchen” style was deployed, where you offer a team to pay X amount (or bid teams against each other) to sabotage other teams, like require the use of plastic kids clubs for putting, reversing the format from dropping at the best ball played to dropping at the worst ball played, switch hit the drive (you drive leftie if you’re right handed, rightie if left) and so on. You can also open it up to allowing NON-PLAYERS to bid on sabotages, which in turn increases the revenue opportunity because now it’s open to the entire community, not just those playing.