In re: Amendments to the Florida Rules of Judicial Administration, 37 Fla.L.Weekly S643 (Fla. 2012)
Revised opinion. Eliminates provisions of Fla.R.Civ.P. Rule 1.080. Adopts Fla.R.Jud.Admin. 2.516.
- All documents required or permitted to be served must be served by e-mail as of September 1, 2012. (Service by US Mail NO LONGER REQUIRED). Very limited exceptions.
- Upon making appearance, attorney required to designate up to 3 emails for service
- Must include designated emails in every pleading.
- Not required for pro se litigants.
- Service by email deemed complete when the e-mail is sent.
- If you realize email did not go through, you must immediately correct.
- E-mail service is treated as service by mail for computation of time.
- Must attach document as .PDF to an email and send to all designated email addresses.
- Subject line must begin with “SERVICE OF COURT DOCUMENT” in all caps followed by case number.
- Body must contain caption (identify court, case number, parties’ names, title of pleading, name and phone number of person filing).
- May be signed /s/ so long as original filed with the Court is properly signed.
- Email size shall not exceed 5 MBs. Large emails must be divided and sent as separate emails not exceeding 5 MB and sequentially numbered in subject line.
- All original documents must be filed with the Court either before or immediately thereafter.